SFS Scrap & Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SFS Scrap & Chat

A place to chat - Blind Scrap - and share our thoughts and creations with friends

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Monday Monday Monday

Go down 
+3
shaz
Tam
Peta The Green Sheep
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Peta The Green Sheep
Admin
Peta The Green Sheep

Monday Monday Monday Empty
PostSubject: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:35 am

I was hoping to wake up feeling 100%.... positive thinking all the way.... but some put a knife down my throat again!!! however [touch wood] I am feeling a bit better than when i woke yesterday so thats a good sign.

Im off to work at 8 today to do the 'club clean up' after saturday... make sure everyone gets their wine and pick up all their things [hire gear etc].
Im going to call the doctors and try to get in about 1pm on the way home go to the healthfood shop with my list of herbal remidies everyone gave me on facebook last night and I am going to make sure I am 100% better by the weekend so I can get this retreat planning started.... I have cooking to do and pages to create - kits to design and stock to order.....

okay so how is your morning shaping up????

Hope you all have a brilliant day Monday Monday Monday 3110612249
Back to top Go down
http://www.scrapbookingfromscratch.com/index.html
Tam

Tam

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:45 am

I think your body is telling you some thing Peta lol

well after my wk end away my family were kind enough to leave me with stacks of washing and a messy house

so kids all dropped of
and plan on ignoring the kitchen
wash what is in the bathroom
I have a guy coming to look at our freezers to sell

and plan on having a nana nap and wathc my true blood dvds
Back to top Go down
http://teepeescrappin.blogspot.com
shaz

shaz

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:08 am

Yes i agree with Tam, i think your body is telling you have abit of a rest Peta. I know easier said than done. But hopefully you'll get a bit of achance.

Tam sounds like you will have a bit of a relaxing after some work is done, good on youo.

Well, off to work today, then not sure whats happening. I'm another year older today so hopefully will do something nice with the family tonight.

Have a good day all!!
Back to top Go down
deb

deb

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:35 am

Happy Birthday Sharon - hope you have a fabulous day
Tam - sounds like you had a fabulous weekend
Peta - I agree with Tam and Sharon but sometimes it's hard to find the time to rest

I'm off to school to do my usual Mad Monday of helping - 1 1/4 in Kate's class, home for 1 hour and then back for the same in Grace's
working for 2 hours tomorrow morning foloowed by 3 hours of volunteer stuff while the new library is being set up
I have a layout on my desk that is waiting to be finished but I really don't feel much like scrapping Crying or Very sad
I would like a job but trying to find something that works with my DH's job and school holidays is proving difficult. I had trouble sleeping last night just thinking about it

Grace broke my camera on Friday so I have now got a DSLR - got the Canon 1000D(twin lens kit) as even this was stretching the budget but it's awesome. Got some great pics of the girls on Saturday.

Have a great day
Back to top Go down
http://debzblogs.weebly.com/blog.html
leah

leah

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 9:51 am

Morning ladies. Yay for a new camera Deb - bugger the budget, hey??!!

Yes, Peta, I hear you this morning - my throat is in the same place as yours Sad. And the girls have it too so are not at school (yet), they are picking up so will take them to school at playtime (school is only a couple hundred metres down the road).

We had a nice weekend with my sister and her family visiting (2 yo twins), so a bit of a sleep in for my girls didn't hurt.

I was meant to be going looking at vinyl & carpet this morning, but will still probably go after I drop the girls off.

And hopefully squeeze some scrapping in there too.

Happy birthday Sharon, have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://leahcameronscorner.blogspot.com
Malinda

Malinda

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:06 am

hey all,

work for me today...on reception now as receptionist is sick and waiting for an agency girl...

bloody pelvis hurts...forgot not to push things sideways with my leg on saturday...so in quite a bit of pain when i walk now...bugger!

nothing else to report...oh i did scrap yesterday...not too bad...you'll have to wait until wednesday to see it...BUT IT'S WITH THE NEW SPOTS AND STRIPS KIT...YUMMO!!!

well deb that's a pity about the camera breaking....how nice...a new DSLR!!!

ok better answer the phone...have a good one
Back to top Go down
http://whosagardner.blogspot.com/
Peta The Green Sheep
Admin
Peta The Green Sheep

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:12 pm

rest.... what is this thing I see you talk about????? Wink

i am resting inbetween doing all my work Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Im home early to go to the doctor in 15mins... got some Olive leaf extract ive taken 2 wish it was an instant boost.
Once home I am going to finish off the class for wednesday and then get onto some retreat work....

no after school stuff today so thats good and I will leave Sienna at childcare till 5,30 to give me a chance to relax, get dinner ready and she wont be hounding me!!!

okay well i'll chat later

Happy Birthday Sharon Monday Monday Monday 2308263648 Monday Monday Monday 2308263648
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:09 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON Monday Monday Monday 2308263648
Back to top Go down
shaz

shaz

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks for all the birthday wishes girls! Very Happy

Good and bad on the camers front Deb.

Thats what i am wanting for my birthday a dslr. It is yet to be sorted out. Need to keep researching.

Hope you all have agood night.
Back to top Go down
Peta The Green Sheep
Admin
Peta The Green Sheep

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:57 pm

okay i have antibiotics for my - maybe a sinus infection/maybe a throat infection.... let me just say my doctor sux!!!
he was more worried about telling me off for going off my BP meds [back in Dec!!!] - oh well...

so hopefully by the end of tomorrow I will be feeling better and be able to hear!!!

Deb - good choice on camera - the Canon 1000D is a good allround model to get you use to a DSLR [Sharon you should look at this one too]

Mal - do we really have to wait till Wednesday?????? Wink
and I hope the pelvis is feeling better....

okay well Im a bit excited - and also know that im sick as I bought a new toy - a BIG SHOT - but forgot to order some diecuts and folders scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch i need a brain!!!!

so Im going shopping - anyone got some that are a MUST HAVE.....????.....

okay have a great night
Back to top Go down
deb

deb

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:00 pm

love the Tim Holtz flowers and the spellbinders nestabilities - scalloped circles - great for journal spots
Back to top Go down
http://debzblogs.weebly.com/blog.html
Peta The Green Sheep
Admin
Peta The Green Sheep

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:06 pm

okay ordered the flowers.... tim holtz of course... and a nice tag of his too...
and about 6 folders [cuttlebug]

anything else a MUST HAVE.... boy I could go mad!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 7:34 pm

The full set with double the pp of beach bums and beach babes please
and would like to try some of those tattered angel canvases to please depending on price though lol

Last edited by Tam on Mon May 30, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shaz

shaz

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:37 pm

Hope the antibiotics kick in real quick Peta.

I was looking at the 600D or Canon 60D camera Peta. How do they compare to the 1000d and do you think either the 60D or 600D is a good choice?

Had alovely meal out with the family. Garlic creamy prawns for entree followed by a moroccan beef salad. Yummo!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angela

Angela

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi everyone, don't seem to get on here much, but thing of you all often - never enough time in the day.

Peta - hope you start to feel a bit better soon, nothing worse than feeling s*&#@house, especially with everything you have to manage with.
Oh and I must say very jealous of a big shot - keep looking at that in the stampin up catalogue, but think I need to keep using the cuttlebug and hope it breaks Laughing

Sharon - Sounds like you had a nice birthday

Washing machine finished so will sign off here and catch up again soon - need to get the washing out before I hit the sack for the night.
Back to top Go down
Peta The Green Sheep
Admin
Peta The Green Sheep

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:42 am

Sharon - just had a quick read on those two models - as they are new tot he market since i bougth mine...
both lok to be good 'next level' models to what they have superseeded [as in the 500d and the 50d]..... but i spose it depends on what you are after in a camera.

Are you planning on doing courses to learn to use all the 'extras'?
will you be blowing up photos like poster size to get the use out of the 18 mega pixels?

When i bought my camera my teacher told me to buy to my level or it is a waste of money. does that make sense???
Kate boguht the 1000d and loves it - it does nearly everything mine does on auto settings and is 1/2 the price.

you are sometimes better off buying a cheaper model and making sure you get an extra card, battery and a good bag.

going to the next level and if you really want to get serious and are looking at getting into photography on a semi professional level [wich is what i am classed at] then do not buy the camera deal with the twin lense as the glass in these lenses isnt worth the money.... they are okay for the 'family photographer' but the reason tey can sell the 'deal' so cheap is because the lenses are cheap.

I always buy the body & lense seperate-but his is expensive...

okay so thats as technical as i get with my 'how to buy a camera' tutorial.

In the end you know your budget
sunny
Back to top Go down
shaz

shaz

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

Thnaks Peta. That all makes sense.

At some stage i do want to do a course.

I want a camera i can grow with as i do not want to have to buy another one in a couple of years time.

Good points re: 18 megapixels and the semi professional side.

Will go and do more research.

Is the 1000d good for action (sports) shots as well as family, party, holiday snaps?
Back to top Go down
Peta The Green Sheep
Admin
Peta The Green Sheep

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:23 pm

they all have the sports action on the dial [i think] so unless your taking pics of the 100 sprint at the olympics or speed way photos they are all very similar in that aspect.... obviously to get the BEST action shots you need to learn the manual settings and I havent done this yet either
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:55 pm

I have a canon EOS 500D And love it, it came with two lences as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monday Monday Monday   Monday Monday Monday Empty

Back to top Go down

Monday Monday Monday
Page 1 of 1